Date(s) - 04/11/2015
9:00 AM - 10:30 AM (Pacific Time)
The April 2015 gathering will be an online video conference
on Saturday, April 11th, 9:00 AM – 10:30 AM (Pacific Time)
(the 2nd Saturday of the month).
Children & “Conditioning”
(Continuation of the Nov 5th topic: Knowing what we do as adults,
what in your view are one or two important lessons children(ages 5-15)
should be exposed to/taught before they face the world?)
Please register for the event below.
Here is an FAQ on the nature of the gathering, and details on how to get setup for the video conference.
What is the purpose of THE GLOBALITÉ CAFÉ?
To have a dialogue on global topics in a quest for the Truth of the matter.
To allow solutions to emerge (if they do) from that position of clarity.
To experiment with Truth.
What is the nature of the dialogue?
There is no leader or moderator.
You may submit topics for discussion by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Topics will be put up for a vote before or at the start of the dialogue.
We may go through more than one topic if the group so wishes.
Some Suggestions on the Nature of Dialogue from the Krishnamurti Foundation of America:
* Dialogue starts from a willingness to be tentative about what you know
* The focus of dialogue is on what is rather than on ideas and opinions
* You can participate by verbally or silently sharing perceptions
* Dialogue is letting the issue unfold in affection and mutual respect
* When a reaction arises, neither suppress it nor defend it, but suspend it in the mind and in the group, keeping it constantly available for observation and questioning
* Dialogue is being together and seeing together in an unfolding relationship
* To go beyond opinions, biases, judgements, theories, and learn to look at what is. While the topics hover around global issues, the process of dialogue tends to be about raising our own awareness. And awareness in turn often leads to conscious evolution, towards collective excellence of humanity
* While the dialogue will not start out with a set goal, if solutions emerge organically, we shall strive to take them forward and implement them in tangible ways
How do I get set up for the video conference?
Zoom.US offers an easy to use multi-user video conference tool. Please visit Zoom.US and download the app on your ipad/iphone/Android device or use it on your desktop/laptop. Its quick and easy! Please have this ready before our meeting time so that we can get started right away.
Registration is closed for this event.